- Charles Sturt University’s eXtended Reality Centre (XRC) to feature at Telstra Wagga Wagga: Beyond 2050 event exploring technology’s role is sustaining regional living
Charles Sturt University is supporting Committee4Wagga to deliver an in-depth look at what the future of innovation and technology could hold for Wagga Wagga.
The Telstra Wagga Wagga: Beyond 2050 event will feature Director of the Charles Sturt eXtended Reality Centre (XRC) Mr Andrew Hagan as a special guest speaker, who will share his extensive knowledge on creative immersive technologies.
“The XRC is a pioneering initiative that applies the latest research in immersive technologies across a range of industries and fields of work and life, all with a focus on enhancing the human experience beyond the physical world,” Mr Hagan said.
Extended Reality, which encompasses Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Mixed Reality, is one of many technologies to be discussed at the event, which will be held at the Riverina Playhouse between 11am and 3:30pm on Thursday 3 August.
Mr Hagan said the XRC is working to develop the technology, which could provide significant cost and efficiency benefits in areas such as Agriculture, Water & Environment, Cybersecurity & IT, Health, and Creativity.
“The benefits of Extended Reality are far-reaching, creating engaging, immersive experiences of unlimited potential,” he said.
“We can break down barriers, foster creativity, and enhance productivity by enabling seamless communication and collaboration regardless of physical distance.
“We can collaborate with others from anywhere using real-time visuals and receive safe and effective training through remote coaching.”
Chaired by Region Media Group Editor Ms Genevieve Jacobs AM, the Telstra Wagga Wagga: Beyond 2050 event will feature leaders in their respective fields speaking during the course of the day, with the audience invited to ask questions.
Speakers at the event include:
- Mr Kim Krogh Anderson, Product & Technology Group Executive: Telstra, on Exciting Times in Telecommunication
- Mr Andrew Hagan, Director XRC: Charles Sturt University, on Charles Sturt University eXtended Reality Centre
- Mr Mick Byrne, Co-Founder & Head of Growth: EmergiSim, on Emergency Service VR Training
- Mr Russell Moore, Strategy & Planning Director: Vertiia, on Regional Air Mobility & Aeromedical Applications, and
- Mr Mark Grentell & Ray Singh, Co-Founder & CEO: Replika, on Digital Twins - The Future of Local Planning and Development
Charles Sturt University representatives also in attendance include, Head of Government Relations and Regional Engagement Ms Sam Beresford; Director External Engagement, Wagga Wagga and Albury-Wodonga Mr David Bardos; Senior Manager, Partnerships Ms Ashlea Dobson; and Project Officer Ms Tahnee Wise.
Tickets for the event can be purchased here, which include lunch, and networking opportunities with speakers and other attendees.