- Latest Graduate Outcomes Survey (GOS) results find 93.3 per cent of Charles Sturt undergraduates in full-time employment three years after graduation
- Results trump the national average of 90.3 per cent and rank Charles Sturt within top five universities nationally for undergraduate employment
- GOS results follow the University’s strong results in the 2021 Good Universities Guide ratings and rankings
The Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) 2020 Graduate Outcomes Survey (GOS) – Longitudinal found 93.9 per cent of Charles Sturt University undergraduates were in full-time employment three years after graduation.
The results trumped the national university average of 90.3 per cent and placed Charles Sturt fourth within the universities in Australia for undergraduate full-time employment rates three years after graduation.
The results for Charles Sturt’s postgraduates were just behind the undergraduate results, with 93 per cent of the University’s postgraduate coursework graduates in full-time employment three years after graduation.
Acting Vice-Chancellor Professor John Germov said he was delighted to see such a high proportion of the University’s graduates were in full-time employment, and continuing to develop and strengthen their careers.
“The latest graduate employment findings are a testament to the dedication of Charles Sturt University’s many hardworking graduates and our University’s unwavering commitment to producing sought-after and career-ready graduates,” Professor Germov said.
“Graduates of Charles Sturt University work all over the world and pursue and build diverse careers in a vast number of sectors and industries, from education, health, business, law, science, agriculture, communications and the arts.
“Our University has a strong reputation for training highly skilled graduates, and it is because we have such a high proportion of graduates succeeding and working hard in full-time employment that our reputation continues to thrive in many industries across Australia and around the world.”
The results in the GOS released this week follow the University’s strong results in the 2021 Good Universities Guide ratings and rankings released last month.
Charles Sturt’s notable performance includes:
- Ranked number one nationally for full-time graduate employment for undergraduates based on 87 per cent of graduates securing employment within three months (ranked fourth nationally for postgraduates with 91 per cent employed)
- Five star rating for undergraduate and postgraduate full-time employment
- Five star rating for first-generation attendance
- Five star rating for learner engagement (undergraduate)
- Five star rating for undergraduate starting salary of $65,000.