- Charles Sturt University ranks first among all 39 Australian universities for full-time employment and median salaries of graduates
- 2023 Good Universities Guide reveals 85 per cent of Charles Sturt undergraduate students are in full-time employment within four months of graduating
- Charles Sturt also achieves industry-leading outcomes in study areas of agriculture and environment; business and management; humanities; social sciences; law; nursing; social work; and veterinary science
Charles Sturt University has maintained its nation-leading results for graduate employment rates and salaries, according to the 2023 Good Universities Guide.
Data published in the latest edition of the Good Universities Guide reveals that 85 per cent of Charles Sturt undergraduate students are in full-time employment within four months of graduating, with a median graduate salary of $64,100 in their first year of work. Both figures are the best among Australia’s 39 universities.
This is the sixth consecutive year that Charles Sturt has topped the Good Universities Guide’s undergraduate full-time employment ranking.
“Charles Sturt University has a proven record of providing its students with sought-after skills and knowledge so they can thrive in their chosen careers from the moment they graduate,” Vice-Chancellor Professor Renée Leon said.
“These outstanding results are testament to that record and are evidence of the quality of our teaching and the value of our industry partnerships, which provide students with real-world experience and invaluable connections.
“Our graduate employment record is one we are extremely proud of. Prospective students know that enrolling with Charles Sturt University is a great launching pad for their own impactful and successful careers.”
The Good Universities Guide also reveals excellent results for Charles Sturt’s postgraduate students, with 90 per cent in full-time employment within four months (ranked sixth among Australian universities) and a median graduate salary of $90,000 (ranked second among Australian universities).
The Good Universities Guide’s fields of study where Charles Sturt University led Australian universities include:
- Full-time employment rates: agriculture and environment; business and management; humanities; social sciences; law; nursing; and social work
- Median salaries: law; tourism and sport; and veterinary science
The Good Universities Guide’s fields of study where Charles Sturt University led NSW universities include:
- Full-time employment rates: dentistry; rehabilitation; science and mathematics; and veterinary science
- Median salaries: dentistry; nursing; and science and mathematics
Charles Sturt earned coveted five-star ratings for its ‘Overall Education Experience’ (ranked seventh among Australian universities) and ‘First-Generation Undergraduate Students’ volume (ranked first among NSW universities). The University also ranked among the top 10 Australian universities for ‘Teaching Quality’ and ‘Social Equity’.
The Good Universities Guide’s results and rankings are created using data and information provided by the Australian Government Department of Education, and graduate and student experience surveys.