- Charles Sturt University ranks first among all 39 Australian universities for full-time employment of undergraduates
- 2024 Good Universities Guide reveals 87 per cent of Charles Sturt undergraduate students are in full-time employment within four months of graduating
- Charles Sturt achieves nation-leading outcomes in study areas of agriculture, business, education, law, nursing, psychology, science, social work, tourism, hospitality, and sport and leisure
Charles Sturt University has maintained its nation-leading results for graduate employment, according to the 2024 Good Universities Guide.
Data published in the latest edition of the Good Universities Guide reveals that 87 per cent of Charles Sturt undergraduate students are in full-time employment within four months of graduating – the highest rate among Australia’s 39 universities.
This is the seventh consecutive year that Charles Sturt has topped the Good Universities Guide’s undergraduate full-time employment ranking.
Charles Sturt Vice-Chancellor Professor Renée Leon said the University continues to place a strong emphasis on producing job-ready graduates.
“Charles Sturt University knows the importance of providing students with both academic knowledge and industry experience so they can hit the ground running in their careers after graduation,” Professor Leon said.
“The real-world experience that our industry partnerships provide gives our students an advantage when competing for the jobs they want.
“Leading Australia in graduate employment for the seventh consecutive year is an outstanding achievement, one which instils confidence in our prospective students that enrolling with Charles Sturt University is a great launching pad for their own careers.”
The Good Universities Guide’s fields of study where Charles Sturt University led all Australian universities include:
- Full-time graduate employment in agriculture and environment; business and management; law and paralegal studies; nursing; science and mathematics; and social work
- Graduate salaries in education and training; law and paralegal studies; nursing; psychology; science and mathematics; tourism, hospitality, sport and leisure
The Good Universities Guide’s fields of study where Charles Sturt University led all NSW universities include:
- Full-time graduate employment rates in communications; education and training; and nursing
- Graduate salaries in science and mathematics
The Good Universities Guide also highlighted that Charles Sturt received five-star ratings in First-Generation Undergraduate Students (ranking first among all NSW universities); Overall Educational Experience (first among all NSW universities); and for full-time employment of postgraduates (with 90 per cent securing full-time employment within four months).
The University also received five-star ratings in International Student Progression and Teaching Quality; and for median graduate incomes after one year for undergraduates ($64,100); with the median graduate income after one year for postgraduates being $78,900.
The Good Universities Guide’s results and rankings are created using data and information provided by the Australian Government Department of Education, and graduate and student experience surveys.
Charles Sturt’s full 2024 Good Universities Guide results are here.