Professor Goulter, who commenced duties with the University on Wednesday 4 July, will meet with CSU staff and Dubbo community leaders, attend the Dubbo Campus Advisory Committee meeting and look over the new campus building.
Rawson’s Constructions will officially hand over the new Dubbo Campus building on the Yarrandale Road site to the University on Monday next week (23 July). CSU will then oversee the installation and transfer of information technology and communication services in preparation for staff and students to move in on 20 August.
Head of the Dubbo Campus, Dr Peter Hodgson, said this is a pivotal time for the Dubbo Campus. “We have a new Vice-Chancellor and a new, innovative campus building and teaching concept about to be launched.”
Tomorrow’s Dubbo Campus Advisory Committee meeting will be a key briefing session for CSU Vice-Chancellor, Professor Goulter.
Areas to be discussed will be the addition of new CSU courses to commence in 2002, planning of Stage 2 of the campus and development of a relationship between CSU and the University of Sydney in establishing a regional Clinical School for medical students located in Dubbo.
- Professor Ian Goulter (pron: Golter) commenced as the new CSU Vice-Chancellor, 4 July;
- Dubbo Campus Advisory Committee meeting, 10 am Tuesday 17 July;
- Professor Goulter to visit the Dubbo Campus, 2 pm Tuesday 17 July;
- The new Dubbo Campus is handed over to the University, Monday 23 July; and
- CSU staff and students move into the new CSU Dubbo Campus building, Monday 20 August.