- Charles Sturt University presents the annual EngFest to celebrate the dynamic and vital role of civil engineering in the world
- EngFest 2023 runs from Tuesday 6 to Thursday 8 June at the University in Bathurst
- Of particular interest, Engineers Australia will present an expert forum on ‘towards net zero’ from 6pm to 8pm Tuesday 6 June
Students, community members and engineering professionals will come together at the annual EngFest 2023 at Charles Sturt University in Bathurst next week to learn and share ideas about how engineering shapes the world we live in.
EngFest is three days of events for schools, industry, prospective students and community members from Tuesday 6 to Thursday 8 June at Charles Sturt Engineering (building 1305) at the campus in Bathurst.
Senior Engineer-in-Residence and Acting Director of Charles Sturt Engineering in the School of Computing, Mathematics and Engineering, Ms Shara Cameron, said, “Australia is facing its largest-ever shortage of engineers and yet most people don’t really know what engineers do.
“EngFest is Charles Sturt’s annual celebration of civil engineering and a great chance to come along and see what civil engineers do; it’s far more than building bridges and tall buildings, with many varied roles and career paths.
“EngFest offers exhibitions and presentations of student works and research, school visits and information sessions, a careers expo, industry networking, professional development events and more.
“It brings together students, cadet and professional civil engineers, researchers, representatives of Engineers Australia, interested members of the public and school students.
“We invite you to come along to meet the engineers of tomorrow and see what the future of engineering holds.”
Learn more about the range of EngFest events (at building 1305) which include:
- School visits– Tuesday 6 June 10am to 1pm; and Wednesday 7 June 9.15am to 1pm, and 11.30am to 2.30pm
- Engineering project expo – Tuesday 6 June 10am to 3pm; Wednesday 7 June 10am to 2.30pm
- Engineering lab demonstration and facilities tours – Tuesday 6 June 1pm to 2.30pm
- What is it like studying civil engineering at Charles Sturt? Information session – Wednesday 7 June 2.30pm to 3.30pm
- Industry-focused events – all day Wednesday 7 June
- Women in engineering networking event – Wednesday 7 June 3pm to 4pm
- Civil engineering careers expo – Wednesday 7 June 3.30pm to 5pm
- Engineers Australia forum on ‘towards net zero’ – Tuesday 6 June 6pm to 8pm
Charles Sturt Engineering academic and student research showcase – Thursday 8 June 12pm to 1.30pm