- Charles Sturt University to present more than $1.8 million in scholarships to its students
- Almost 400 recipients will be presented with scholarships at five regional ceremonies in the coming weeks
- Milestone Donors will also be honoured at these ceremonies for their decades of generosity to the University
The Charles Sturt University Foundation will award 370 scholarships worth more than $1.8 million at five regional ceremonies over the next two weeks.
Director of the Charles Sturt Advancement Office, Ms Sarah Ansell, said the University believes every student should have the opportunity to reach their full potential and go on to lead fulfilling personal, professional and civic lives.
“We are committed to ensuring that our students continue to have access to a world-class education and their success is not hindered by their background or personal circumstances,” she said.
“It’s not just financial support that students receive, it’s a message that someone believes in them, and these two factors combined can change the course of someone’s life.
“Our scholarship ceremonies are moving events that bring recipients and our generous donors together to celebrate the support for our students and the generosity of our community.”
Charles Sturt University Foundation scholarships are acquired through donations from businesses, individuals, government funding and the wider community.
This year, Charles Sturt is celebrating some amazing Milestone Donors, some of whom have supported the University for up to 70 years.
These donors will be acknowledged at the upcoming ceremonies and presented with a gift from the University.
“Thanks to the generosity, work and investment of individuals, organisations, charitable groups and local businesses that choose to support the university and our students, the Foundation has awarded more than 5,000 scholarships totalling almost $20 million since its establishment in 1982,” Ms Ansell said.
This year’s scholarship ceremonies will be held on:
- Tuesday 18 May from 6pm to 8pm at the Dubbo RSL Club
- Friday 21 May from 11am to 1.30pm at Rafters at Charles Sturt in Bathurst
- Tuesday 25 May from 5.30pm to 7pm at the Gums Café at Charles Sturt in Albury-Wodonga
- Thursday 27 May from 4.30pm to 7pm at Joyes Hall at Charles Sturt in Wagga Wagga
- Tuesday 1 June from 5pm to 7pm in Building 1020, Room 2021 at Charles Sturt in Port Macquarie
A full list of scholarships offered by Charles Sturt is available on the University’s website.