- Open Days will be held at all six Charles Sturt campuses
- The first open day will be in Bathurst on Sunday 4 August
- Each campus will have information sessions, tours, competitions, giveaways, live entertainment and free food
For the first time in more than a decade, Charles Sturt University (Charles Sturt) is giving prospective students and their parents the keys to the campus during the return of Open Days.
Open Days will be held at all six of the University’s campuses between Sunday 4 August and Friday 6 September for school leavers and prospective online and postgraduate students.
“Because of this, and our vision of connecting with our local communities, we are bringing Charles Sturt Open Days back,” Ms Roberts said.
“Students will get a sense of what being part of the Charles Sturt community is really about.
“Students can apply for our new early entry program Charles Sturt Advantage, as well as speak to specialists about online and postgraduate study options.”
Charles Sturt’s marketing events manager, Mrs Katie Trebley, said Open Days are crucial to the recruitment process.
“It is a chance for prospective students to see firsthand where they could study and live on campus,” Mrs Trebley said.
“It has the ability to reinforce Charles Sturt is the number one choice for the student.”
The Open Days provide prospective students and their parents with the chance to attend tours of classrooms and accommodation, attend information sessions on the different Charles Sturt courses, participate in one-on-one discussions with academics, and talk to current students about what it is like to be a student at Charles Sturt.
Mrs Trebley said the Open Days will run regardless of weather conditions, and there will be food and drinks, live entertainment and competitions at each campus.
“Charles Sturt Open Days have something for everyone, and we welcome all members of the community to come and see what is happening,” Mrs Trebley said.
Charles Sturt Open Day schedule:
- Bathurst will host an Open Day on Sunday 4 August with information sessions on dentistry, a peek behind-the-scenes as theatre media students rehearse, and a hands-on session with audio visual equipment at the TV studio.
- Wagga Wagga will host an Open Day on Sunday 11 August with the chance to explore the National Life Sciences Hub, veterinary clinic, and equine centre, a hands-on session at the outside broadcast van, and tours of the photography studio and animation lab.
- Albury-Wodonga will host an Open Day on Sunday 18 August with an interactive session at the outside broadcast van, a chance to explore the science labs and wellness centre, and hearing how creative industries tell stories through technology.
- Port Macquarie will host an Open Day on Sunday 25 August with a paramedicine and ambulance simulation tour, a panel discussion with local businesses, and tours of the exercise and sports science labs.
- Dubbo will host an Open Day on Friday 30 August with a nursing simulation centre tour, and a discussion panel and information sessions on environmental and sustainable careers.
- Orange will host an Open Day on Friday 6 September with a nursing and pharmacy simulation tour, business discussion panel, information sessions on the upcoming medicine degree starting in 2021, and tours of the allied health facilities.